Time shows no Mercy

Do you ever notice that good news and bad news just go hand in hand?

Well, I do have good news...I am finally gainfully employed. It only took a really, really long time, but I have a temporary job. Bad news is that it isn't in my field of choice...but it is still a job.

It is amazing how many hard luck stories are out there. I could get all whiny and say how far the job is, or how much of this work I have done in the past. But truthfully, it is a nice place, the people are friendly and it is a safe environment.

And so many people are out of work, how can you complain about working in that kind of environment?

I do live by the idea that wherever I am is where the Good Lord wants me, so that is where I should be. Now that might seem like a strange idea to many people, especially if they are atheists. Think of it as a "Que sera, sera" as the old Doris Day song says...whatever will be, will be. (As I have been told, the song uses poor grammar in Spanish. Technically it should read "lo que sea serĂ¡.")

The only thing I will say is time is moving faster. I have no idea where April went. It zoomed by like teenage boy in his first muscle car. Quickly, noisily and no hope of seeing it again. Time has definitely not been my friend in the past few weeks. It has been flogging me daily.

I find it interesting that I am planning my time better though. The less time I have, the more time I seem to make of it. I haven't watched TV in weeks. My internet time is barely there. And strangely, I have written a lot more than when I had endless time to write.

If necessity is the mother of invention, then maybe the lack of time is the mother of appreciation and motivation. I appreciate the little extra time I spend with my kids and writing.

I have many pages to put into the computer while my daughter does her homework nearby. I might not have a lot of time, but by golly...I'm going to appreciate what I little do have to do the things I love and be with those who matter.

Now...off to put in the computer what I put down in my notebook.

(And for the record, my Muse (see earlier blog) is still doing its job.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse