Take a moment...

Take a moment and say "I love you" to someone you truly love. You never know when they will be gone.

Or you never know when you will be gone, and the last words were harsh...or flippant...or rude.

This moment might be the last chance you have to tell someone you love them, you cherish them, or where they fit in your life. This might be the last time you have to express the gratitude you have for that important someone.

It might be a friend, a lover, a spouse, a child, a parent, a family member...or just someone who made a change in your life.

It takes only seconds, but means so much more.

Recently there were two people that I am friends with or familiar with who lost someone close to them. It made me think of what were my last words to the ones that I love, to the ones who have been there for me. Sadly, some of those words were not either kind, or ones of frustration and anger.

In light of these issues, I want to make an effort to express myself.

I can't thank my family enough for being there for me both in the past, and in the present. I love you all more than you can imagine. And I'm sorry I don't say it enough.

To my friends, both the ones I have met, and the ones I haven't...you all are so special and wonderful. I hope one day I can repay your kindness.

Recently I have separated...and even to him, I appreciate him more than he can know. The bad times didn't outweigh the good times.

I can't thank my parents and children enough for being there in my life. You all have been so important to me. My life would be so much less without you being there. I hope and pray we have many more years ahead of us.

This might seem strange to some of those in my life that are less expressive, or those that aren't into the "mushy" stuff. That's okay, too. I think I'm okay with this next chapter in my life being filled with the "mushy" stuff. Harshness doesn't help...stoic silence is often mistaken for absence of appreciation or love.

If you read this...thank you for sharing my "taking a moment" moment. Best thing to do now...pay it forward.

Comments

  1. So true Karina. Thanks for the reminder. I love and appreciate you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chele, you are just an amazing person. Hugs to you my most awesome and kind friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherman and I never leave the house with out a kiss and an I Love You. Even if it is just to step out side to work. My father just dropped dead twenty years ago as he was out raking the leaves, Mom was at jury duty. She made the statement that you should never miss the chance to say I Love You. So we don't not with our family nor our friends. So that being said I Love You. Your kind words carried me when Sherman had his heart attack and your humor can make me laugh on days that just don't seem to have any humor in them. Good Friends are hard to find. Good marriages even hard. I have been blessed with both.
    So when you are facing your trials remember we are here and you have our Love.- Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leanne, much love to you, kind lady. Your friendship has meant so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse