Some times you just have to say "No"

For the most part, I don't really care about fashion trends. When bell-bottoms came back, I smiled and nodded. When 70s patterns became in again, I enjoyed the nostalgia. Seeing acid washed jeans again made me remember why I got rid of my own. I actually applauded when little leather jackets came back, and then the lace to go with it. I am enjoying the wedge shoes and the nice full skirts.

Many things I enjoy about fashion, and I'm not even a fashionista. And when I don't agree with something, I generally don't get too worked up about it.

Until now.

I have a bone to pick with the anti-nylon fashion trend. I have no idea how this trend started, and I have no idea whose hair-brained idea it was to get rid of these necessary items of fashion.

Yes, I said it...they are necessary for some of us.

For those of you who are into the no-nylon thing...I get it on some level. They can be a bit binding and uncomfortable.

You know what else they do? They also don't make my feet feel gross in my shoes. All sticky and weird.

The other nice thing they do...they hid over 40 years of leg abuse.

My legs tell stories of where I have been since I have been 5 years old. I have a scar when I first tried to shave my legs with my father's razor (it was a real razor, not the new fangled ones). Going perpendicular to that is a scar from my job at the hot dog stand I had when I was 18. Then the 1/2 inch circle scar from the stick that popped up while I was on a hike in Wisconsin. And the never ending sets of bruises I get from just being me on a daily basis.

These are the things that my nylons hide. They also make my legs feel smooth and sexy...and by golly I'm not giving up wearing skirts because I'm afraid to show them.

So I am just saying "No" to the anti-nylon trend. I am going to wear my skirts, short and long, and I'm going to put on my nylons and slip my feet into my shoes, knowing they will not rub and hurt me. I am bucking the fashion industry trend.

They might be bigger and badder than me, they might call the fashion police and put me into a nice decorated jail. Or a leopard print padded cell. But that is the chance I am going to have to take. I am putting on my nylons, going out...and will ignore the stares of the anti-nylon crowd.

A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do.

Comments

  1. I where knee highs because I don't have dresses that are short enough to show that they are not stockings. In my case it's the veins that even stockings can't hide.
    I wish women with flabby arms would stop wearing spaghetti strap sun dresses. There comes a point in life when reality should tell these women to cover that mess up. We don't need to see body parts moving that were never intended to move. While I'm on the subject of covering up. We don't need to see these same woman's boobs. I'm back to cover them up.-Leanne-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne, I'm not even that flabby, but I do not wear those sun dresses because my arms are not that tone.

    Now cleavage....haha...I have to say I do use my err...assets. :-D Nothing too racy, but enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleavage is one thing but "do your boobs hang low do the wobble to and fro" is a whole new ball game. -Leanne-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse