The Games People Play

One day a friend of mine told me about this game called Candy Crush. He said it was free and fun, so I decided to check it out.

Now right at this moment some of you are understand how this story will go as you are a fellow Candy Crusher.  

I admit.  The first level of the adventure, I was cocky.  I breezed through them like a hot knife through butter and I crushed the hell out of that candy. Those suckers didn't stand a chance against me.  It was when I needed help to unlock the next adventure that things seemed to go downhill after that...the game got tricky.  

Now to be fair I know no free game is meant to be free.  They will offer the player boosts and things to get them to shell out some dough and buy things.  Let me clear the air I have not done that.  

It was on level 95 however I got so pissed off I swore I'd never play it again. I cussed it out, swearing the only way to get past it was for me to buy something from them. I called it a scam and refused to play.

That lasted about a day as I'm on level 305 now... Waiting for my friends to unlock the next adventure.  

Why don't they call it what it really is?  It is not an adventure. This is a slow never ending game messing with our minds and sucking out our souls as we try to figure out to clear jelly or fill orders or bring down ridiculous fruit that really should not be in those stupid predicaments. 

They try to move along the game with some story, trying to make us believe we are helping some goofy looking candy creature do....well I don't know. To be honest, I don't care a wit about that little character's issues.  I don't care about the candy clowns and jellybean giants it is trying to help. As far as I know the story line to this insanity is the precious little gumdrop is trying to unleash the gates of hell.  The story has no  meaning meaning to me. 

I just must crush the damned candy. And I must do it before I run out of lives or I'm stuck in purgatory until my 5 lives regenerate.  

What's worse is there is no light in this tunnel at all.  They keep updating more and more levels. And like a good mouse in the maze I keep looking for the end.  Or cheese.  Or something to make sense of it all.  

I hope that one day I will get this candy monkey off my back and drop it for good. To rid myself of the gumdrop devil and leave it on whatever sticky path it has wandered into. Secretly I hope it finds some Mentos and Coke and blast itself off this planet and onto another one.

However...my last person has just unlocked the next level and it's time to Crush Candy....I see rainbow candies to crush...you programming bastards...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse