Full Moon Reflections

Tomorrow night will be the biggest full moon in 20 years. I know, maybe not a big event for a lot of people, but it is an event nonetheless.

20 years ago I was 3 months pregnant with my first child, my son. I had morning sickness 24/7...for all 9 months. Not many pregnant women get to experience that much morning sickness, but lucky me, I did.

1991 was an eventful year for me, despite the constant feeling of the need to throw up. It changed me into a mom, which was one of the best experiences of my life. As I think about my son now, in college and making plans for his future, I can't help but to think how fast the last 20 years went. I don't remember the full moon of that year, but this full moon is causing a bit of nostalgia.

I had to look up what was happening that year, as my memory doesn't have enough room for so many details. I found a nice site that broke down that year nicely.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1991.html

When I read that gas was only $1.12 back then, I cringe at the almost $4.00 I just paid yesterday. The top movie makes me smile though, Terminator 2. Okay, it was a bit of a brutal movie, but who doesn't know the line "I'll be back"?

The world events make me a little sad. How much has the world changed in 20 years...and how it really hasn't changed at all. I wonder if we homo sapiens will ever learn from our history? Because on reflection, we aren't doing a good job.

Tomorrow night, if you happen to look at the full moon, what reflections will you have?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse