When Silver Linings are Tarnished

One of my favorite sayings is "Every Cloud has a Silver Lining." It's hookey, I know, but I'm okay with that.

Lately, however, it seems most of the silver linings are a bit tarnished. This makes the hunt for the silver lining difficult at best, but the discovery of the tarnished lining takes away the joy of finding it.

After a particularly difficult few days, I'm trying to think of a way to get my found silver linings polished. Turns out it is much easier said than done. Mostly because someone keeps pissing in my pool. (I know, another cliche, but I started this posting with a cliche, and it was lonely and invited another one along for the ride.)

So what do you do when every lining you find is tarnished, not by your own doing but because someone is muddying up the waters?

My only answer is keep looking forward, don't look back on it. Sure, the silver linings might be tarnished and a tad uglier than expected. However they are still silver and still worth something. And at least it wasn't a pile of dung beetles. Or just dung.

So, that is my resolve...to just keep going forward. Or as Dory from Finding Nemo says, "just keep swimming." Because what else is there to do? If you aren't swimming, you are sinking. If you aren't looking for the silver lining in the clouds, then you are just getting rained on. Which is fine if you are a plant or a duck, but if you are a person, it gets a bit tiresome.

My motto still is, "Laugh or Jump." In the past few days, my laughter was stolen away by a cold and icy heart. It is up to me to take it back. And that is what I'm going to do again.

So I have my silver polish in hand. And a "Devil may Care" attitude in my heart.

Of course I might want to get the latter one out of me for a bit, as I am going to be going off to choir practice at church.

Comments

  1. I don't worry about the silver linings. Mostly because I can't afford the silver. I do however wake up every morning say my morning prayers and find at least on thing that I'm grateful for. I'm not talking about the big things like my family for I am truly blessed with that one. I'm talking about things like my 98 pound dog didn't wake me up at 4:30 AM with toilet water whiskers or the sound of no wind just a slight breeze. When my world got turned up side down thirty years ago it made the pain so much easier to take. It has helped me through every crisis I have since. (((Hugs))) From Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne...I think that is a good way to look at it. I too am very happy about not having "toilet water whiskers" waking me up in the morning.

    And thank you, kind lady. You give me hope for brighter days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse