Time for a new Chapter

So...what happened to my resolution to tend to my blog? Oh so many things.

First off, my book is finally published. It was a fantastic feeling...for the first day. Then the sinking feeling of "how can I market this to the masses" enveloped me. I believe I was reduced to a quivering mass of goo on several occasions. Which mentally is a funny image, but the reality of being a quivering mass of goo really ruins a day.

It took me a few days to grab the bull by the horns and embrace my marketing spirit. I was reading blogs and articles and coming up with a marketing plan. I was exited. I was ready to take on the independent author world. And then...

Well, I won't say much about the "then"...but suffice it to say, my marriage license clearly had an expiration date. I had no idea, but I was informed by my spouse at 15 years it was up.

So here I am, ready to be an author...and now going to be an ex-wife.

Now this might be the point where people say...aww...how crushing. Please, save the sympathy at the death of the marriage. It really isn't that big of a deal. I'm more upset it derailed my marketing plan.

Which, due to a disclosure of a certain nature by a certain someone...I bought a marketing plan. Never leave a woman with a score to settle at home with a computer, an internet connection, and access to the credit cards.

So the next chapter of my life begins. I'm about to be an ex-wife (woohoo!) and I am an indie author (bigger WOOHOO!). I have a child in college and a teenage girl...and a new life. I admit it is a little scary, but something about this new chapter is so thrilling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse