Day 2...

Day 2 of no FB...

I had to delete the shortcut on my phone. All of the notifications kept coming up and it become hard to ignore them. So I figured, out of sight out of mind. Once it was gone, I stopped looking at my phone.

It took a moment to realize that I was trained by an inanimate object. And not just Facebook notifications...if my email even has a number by it or it makes some absurd noise, I have to check to see what new email has hit my inbox. Normally it is some company trying to get me to spend money I don't have....but for some reason I feel the need to check it.

I wasn't always like this. When I was younger, BCp (before cellphones), if I heard random noises throughout the day, I would think, "that's weird" and move on with my day. Now I hear something and I feel the need to stare at a tiny screen. It has become an obsession. As if to say, "whatever is going on out there must be a lot more interesting than what I'm doing...so I must divert my attention."

As a general rule, it's true. I don't do anything exciting. But being a voyeur in other people's lives is not improving my own.

The added bonus is the lack of political discourse on my news feed. Last night was the Iowa Caucus...which means anyone who follows politics was out of their minds cheering on their political team. Not gonna lie, it was nice just reading news and not reading any of the comments. Just having an opinion and not feeling the need to defend my position.

As of right now, I'm doing find.

Hi...my name is Karina...and it has been 2 days since my status update.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse