Day 3....

This is the day my daughter said I would break down and check Facebook. She gave me until sundown. I bet her a stick I would be able to avoid it...she bet me a gum wadded up in pink paper that she dropped on the bus by accident and lot that I would be checking out Facebook by sundown. 

The challenge just got real....

Ok, so we don't really take betting seriously. She turned 18 and I took her to an OTB shortly after that. We bet on the horses based on if their names sounded cute or not. Or if they reminded us of characters in movies. For anyone thinking this is the way to bet, it's not, we lost our asses off. In fact, if you bet opposite of what we bet, you would probably win. Which now, I think I have my next strategy in betting....but I digress. 

One strange ancillary effect of not scrolling through my news feed first thing in the morning and not playing the next level of Candy Crush...I get out of bed sooner. I did not see that coming. I never realized just how much time I spent in the morning not getting out of bed. Now I just...get up. 

I did the dastardly thing of uninstalling the app on my phone. Removing the temptation helped a lot. 

Thing is, my life is not that different off of FB...just putting things in different perspective. Trying to find my center. My chi. My zen. And possibly watch a movie without staring at my phone. Currently, I Robot is on. Okay, I'm typing, but for writing...there is always just cause to not look directly at the screen. 

So right now, my daughter owes my wadded up gum. I made her promise to give it to me. Hey, a bet is a bet....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse