Disconnecting to find connections.....

Day 1

Why am I doing it....

Do you ever lie in bed, flipping through your phone, waiting out time for your next life on your game to hit and think, "what the hell am I doing?"

I had 1 of those moments the other day. I had an image that my gravestone would say, "Here Lies The Candy Crush Queen!....meh."

It was a chilling moment in my mind. I realized all those things I wanted to do I could do if I just disconnected slightly. Oh, I know I can't do it completely, because....well I love the internet. It's fun and exciting. However, with as much as the internet has to offer, when you limit yourself to Facebook and Candy Crush it defeats the purpose. It's like going to the Grand Canyon and seeing the movie Grand Canyon to get a feel of what the Grand Canyon is like, never looking anywhere else but the screen. If you would just widen your view you could take a look for yourself.

No, I'm not going to the Grand Canyon. I wish. Right now, I'd settle for Starved Rock. But right now everything is grey and gross...it's that time of year in Illinois. Winter in February is a little depressing.

So I'm going on a slightly less exciting adventure. Seeing what is my life like without Facebook.

No, I didn't say anything on Facebook. And in fact my kids have a bet with me. My daughter gives me 3 days. My son gave me 2. I'm going to go at least 4 days (or try to)....just to prove them wrong. Those notifications on my phone are tempting me to just peek, just take a look, it's only 1 look....try it...all the cool kids are doing it.

I'm not giving it up completely. I still like connecting to people I haven't seen in years, or people I have never even met. There are a lot of awesome people I love talking to.

But there is a time when you have to put technology in its place. And this is my time to do that. All those things I say I don't have time to do...I will bet I find time when I'm not trying to crush my candy or reading the next inspirational quote.

Now, why am I saying this all here? Because no one ventures to blogs anymore. It's passe. But writing daily is one thing I said I have no time to do. So the time I took reading everything on the big FB will now be spent writing....I hope.

Now, off to my next adventure...or as I like to call it....work.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse