Hurry Up and Get Some Patience!

Waiting patiently for things has never been my strong suits. As a child I peeked in Christmas gifts when they were wrapped, and those were just at the ones I didn't already find in the house. The first pages I read of my Nancy Drew novels were not in the beginning, but at the back of the book. Same thing for my Agatha Christie. If you ask my children, why will attest to my lack of patience. My favorite phrase is "Hurry up!" to them. In my world, nothing happens fast enough.

It isn't all gloom and doom being impatient. I am rarely late for things...in fact most of the time I show up early. Sometimes earlier isn't better, as I've arrived at doctor appointments days early. Okay that only happened once, but I really wanted to know what was going on.

I actually am jealous of people who are able to sit back and wait without constantly checking the time. People who can just accept that some things they can't get right away. Their inner child must be on lock down and not running the show. Mine is not only running the show, but rarely lets my calmer self even have cameos.

All of this patience is being tested right now as my first book is on its way to my house. Around 6 months ago I started going down the road of getting my first novel published through a self publishing service(which is a separate story in itself.) The first copy of the book was sent out to me a couple weeks ago, and it looked great, except it needed some minor changes. After the changes were done, I had it printed again and sent out again. I can't approve the project until I see the finished copy. Currently...the finished copy is somewhere between New Jersey and Chicago. And my 2-day Fex-Ex shipment is going to take 4 days...because it is the weekend.

Right now I am desperate for patience. My "I want" list isn't getting any shorter...and my inner impatient child is pounding on the table, demanding the package be delivered now...Now...NOW! (My inner impatient child believes the laws of physics and time should bend to her will.) Somehow I have to keep that pesky little kid distracted for the next FOUR days. I have no idea how though. Because even my adult side wants the book in her hands to approve it and to start selling the book.

So if anyone has some extra patience...please send it to me as fast as you can. If not, this is going to be a long weekend for me and my family.

Comments

  1. I am so excited for you! But the waiting has got to be killer...even if one was a patient human (only ones I know are in their 80's), THIS would test even them.
    Much love and blessings to you, Madam Author! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Allison! The supply and demand is unbalanced when it comes to Patience. High demand, short supply. The last scan at 6:47am this morning shows it is still in Newark, NJ. No movement yet. No problem...I hear pacing helps weight loss. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take a moment...

Bruised but not broken....

Finding my Muse